Thursday, April 18, 2024

Well, yesterday I was thinking that it may be time to put away my winter clothes...today, not so much!

It's dark, cloudy, rainy and cold.  I decided to wear my fleece pants and heavy sweatshirt.  Still cold, I also put on my fleece vest!  Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

So yesterday I went grocery shopping for some staples and some things for the weekend - family coming to visit.  It was interesting because I found many things much cheaper that previous shopping trips.  I figured that I would spend about a hundred dollars but it was only eighty-three...and that included several otc medications.  Potatoes, canned vegetables, soda, eggs and sausage were all much cheaper.  Very nice on my pocketbook!

One of my book discussion groups is beginning a new book...Nan Shepherd's 'The Living Mountain' about the Cairngorm Mountains.  Nan Shepherd is a Scottish writer who has written three fiction novels but the work she is best known for is 'In the Cairngorms' a book of poetry and 'The Living Mountain' which is about her relationship with the Cairngorm Mountain.

Her writing has been compared to John Muir, an American environmental spokesperson responsible for some of our national parks. He was also a writer about his relationship with nature in books like 'Yosemite'.  

I think the discussion about Shepherd's book will incorporate comparisons with some of Muir's writings.  Should be interesting and very different from some of our previous books.

Well, today I need to take a deep dive into the boxes in the lower level to look for things the family would like to look through.  At least the weather has lowered the call to work outside creating my garden!

Still doodling...

That's it for now...talk with you later...