We decided that playing outdoors is something we want to do. So to date we have the equipment for cornhole. And coming tomorrow is a professional horseshoe set and a croquet game for eight including two sizes of mallets. We can have fun with both family and friends...thinking about a neighborhood get together as well as a family get together!
So the guild work is coming together...we needed to line up program leaders for the upcoming year. After a couple of hiccups, I think we have things worked out through March of next year.
I did work on the Accordion Neverending Scrap Journal pages this past weekend which I will share. Remember, this is one long strip of scrap paper folded into an accordion shape so the pages may seem out of shape. They aren't...just look that way in the pictures...
One thing I am doing is really decorating these pages a lot. The pictures make it seem very cluttered but in person they look great. The above page has a pocket with a tag which has a place to write on the back...
On this next page I have an interactive activity which needs to be opened. I used a craft velcro dot to keep it closed...
On this next page I have an interactive activity which needs to be opened. I used a craft velcro dot to keep it closed...
This next page has a bottom tuck with a notebook held closed with craft velcro dots. There is also a place to journal in it...
And finally, here another page with a pocket which holds another pocket which holds a folded paper for journal writing...
That's just the beginning of this journal. Remember there are actually 22 pages in this journal. I have most of them finished with basics like pockets and belly bands, etc. but am only now beginning to decorate them.
The lawn got mowed and trimmed and the extra tunnels put together and lined with artificial grass for the cats this morning. Instead of using the two tunnels to connect to the window (which is being down with chicken wire at this point) they were placed on the other side of the cat patio to extend their space. Oh well, maybe next year!!!
I am staying with the summer camp experience. It's nice to really see and understand our yard with all the trees and birds and flowers along with weeds and other not so desirable things...like the skunk who lives in the woods behind the house. Or the deer family that munches on our yard who also live in the woods behind our house.
Rain begins this evening and is forecast for the next seven days. I know there are parts of the country who are experiencing a drought but we seem to be floating away here...hope things are okay where you are living.
That's all for now. Have a great day...
Talk with you tomorrow...










