Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A beautiful morning with bright sunny skies, cool temperatures, gentle breezes...and lots of tomatoes to pick!  No rain in the forecast today.  

So the dishwasher repair person came yesterday and unfortunately the dishwasher can't be fixed but not because it couldn't be fixed, only because the parts are no longer available.  I think that's called planned obsolescence so a new one needs to be purchased rather than repair the old.

I remember my grandma's old refrigerator...it was simple and lasted well beyond her years.  Last I heard, it was in a garage being used to cool beverages and my grandma passed fifty years ago!  Doesn't say much for our society...throw it out rather than fix it up.  No wonder our landfills are overflowing!

I got a lot of computer and website work done for the guild yesterday and today is chat day so I will be hosting an afternoon chat.  It's hard to believe that the first meeting of the 2026-2027 year is less than a month away...that pesky time is still flying by!

Rather than work on some paper crafting yesterday I decided to crochet a pumpkin.  I have not worked with the half double crochet stitch very much so I practiced on some yarn scraps before using the yarn my daughter gifted me with.  I think my stitches are looking better...what do you think?


I am hoping to make three pumpkins in graduating sizes and different colors.  The formula is simple.  The pumpkin will be as high as the number of stitches per row.  To decide how many rows to make, the suggestion is to make the number of rows that equal approximately three times the  length of each row.  Once the different sizes pumpkins are made, stack them on top of each other, largest at the bottom.  This is an easy project to take with me wherever I go even if it's only downstairs to watch a movie.

Yes, I know that this is a fall project but I celebrate the seasons in three month increments...so, for me, fall begins the first of September and that's only a few days away.  Wow, another round of fall and winter holidays are just around the corner.  I do love those holidays, though, and look forward to celebrating all of them.

I know it's early yet, but have you given any thought to your celebrations?  It may not be time for serious planning but giving it a bit of thought might be helpful to say spread out those gift purchases or decide how to celebrate those special days...where and with whom.  Just a thought.

That's all for now...

Have a great day...

Talk with you tomorrow...