It is nice out today, light breeze, partly cloudy, sunny and warm...almost 80. No rain in the forecast so it should stay nice.
I actually need to check the plants on the deck to see if they need to be watered. I also want to check to see if the herbs I picked for drying are okay. With such wet, rainy weather, I'm not sure drying in the greenhouse will work.
I did start crocheting another pumpkin. This one is much larger and I decided to see how it would look using a larger hook...
I think it's going to be okay. And I can see that my stitches are getting better and better with practice.
So do you have any special plans for the weekend? Did you remember that this is the last weekend in August? September starts on Tuesday? I'm having a hard time believing that summer is almost gone... in a blink of an eye!
Today, looking at the trees across the road, I can see one tree has already started to turn color. This will be my 81st fall and I still love it. Some years the colors are more spectacular than others, but I cherish them all.
Fall, to me isn't just a calendar date, nor a time when football begins, it's a time for gathering in and for making home cozy and welcoming. And even though the family scattered far and wide, I still have that warm feeling. Remember the saying 'home is where the heart is'? I don't think that reflects only on a physical house, I think it is more a feeling of home and heart being together as one.
I remember all those years of 'gathering in' the family and beginning a more structured life of school and work with fond memories. But, I also make new memories each fall...sometimes it's visiting the museum with Grandma Moses Painting and the Dear Jane Quilt...sometimes it picking apples...and sometimes it's even planning new menus for fall and beyond.
Cherishing the past is fine as long as you realize that cherishing the present is even more important. So remember your past, but cherish your present, it's really the only time you have.
Have some great fun this weekend...do something out of the ordinary and make time for yourself...
Talk with you on Monday...

