Sorry about not posting the past two days...but life happens when you have other plans...well at least for one of the days.
On Tuesday we left early...before 7:00am...to enjoy a day visiting several places in the state. First we drove to Lake Placid about three plus hours drive from home.
There's lot to see including the Olympic Center but after driving through the village and around Mirror Lake, we went to see the falls at High Falls.
After that we went to Ausable Chasm which is known as 'The Grand Canyon' of the east. After a hike, you can tube down the river between two very high walls.
No, I didn't do either of these although I think I may have been able to do the high falls. It was a hot (almost 90 even though the forecast was for the high 70's.), humid and very uncomfortable so I thought it may not be a good time to try a very busy, single file walk. At 80 (a few more days before I turn 81!) I walk a bit slower as we all do when we age. With lots of families and young children in attendance, I decided against trying. Maybe this fall!
We had to get up early on Wednesday to take the truck to the garage, turned out it wasn't the power steering, it was the steering column! Not too bad. But after doing their inspection they found only one other item that needed to be replaced which doubled the cost to around $1500. A lot of money but the truck will be in great shape and since it is twelve years old and has 230,000 miles on it, I'm not complaining.
However, after taking the truck to the garage, I began working in the kitchen...adding spice racks to the cabinet door, changing shelf placement in the cabinets, and generally rearranging things. By the time I finished it was almost bed time! But it's done. Today I will be tackling the utility room which also needs some rearranging.
Thus, I haven't worked in the studio on any projects. I hope today I will have time to spend time enjoying some crafting. I've also been exploring what I will be focusing on for the fall holidays. Yes, I know it's only August but once September roles around, time seems to pick up speed.
Believe it or not, we are also rearranging things in the house. Getting rid of some things and moving other things from upstairs down. Going to be interesting...and fun, I hope.
That's all for today...
Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying this last month of summer...
Talk with you tomorrow...
