Monday, August 24, 2026

The weather sure has changed...highs in the 70's.  No rain today, but rain forecast for tomorrow.  I noticed when we were driving around this past weekend that the trees are beginning to lose their vitality...in other words fall colors are coming hopefully not sooner than expected.

My tomato plants are really producing a lot of tomatoes finally.  We made chili with fresh tomatoes this past week.  I think I will cook some down today and freeze...not enough to can.

Rearranging the living room and dining room/kitchen area is beginning.  And we finally have a dishwasher repairperson coming tomorrow.  Hopefully it can be repaired...buying a new one is not in the budget for now.  Back to the rearranging, lots of pieces of furniture are being moved now that the really large table and chairs are gone.  And there will finally be room for a comfortable chair for me in the living room.

I did manage to work on the new journal, the one with the orange cover that I made after watching my favorite blog create a 'Wish Book'.  I made all the pages for the journal by taking a piece of cardstock, cutting it to the right size and then adding decorative paper on both sides.  After that I stitched around the edges of all the pages.  They are very sturdy.

I was planning on four signatures, each with three page spreads making 12 pages per signature.  After adding all the elements and decorating the first signature, I am not sure that I will have room for all four signatures.  I may have room for only three.  

Here's what half of the first signature looks like.  Each signature has a decorative paper with pockets as it's cover.  And the outside of each signature is decorated without pockets or tucks, etc.  Here's the first page spread with the two outside covers...


Here's the inside of this four page spread...

On the left side is a notebook.  On the right side is a folder with three writing cards in each pocket...

Here's the first page of the second four page spread...

This contains two cards.  One showing in the tuck and one inside the envelope which is held closed with a craft velcro dot...

And here's the last page of this four page spread...

This contains a small notebook, a writing card and the blue paper opens up with four places to write and prompts...

I'll share more of this first signature tomorrow.  Have no idea as to what to call this journal, but I am finding it fun to include more decorative pages along with the interactive ones.

So, today I am moving two pieces of furniture, each holding a lot of stored items.  The first is a tall cabinet that holds our small electrical appliances like the crockpot and electric frying pan.  Plans are to move it into the utility room.  The other container is an old icebox used for storing mostly Christmas things.  It will go on the other side of the dining/kitchen area to make room for a large couch.

Going to be a busy day but I love to rearrange things...and in a few short weeks, it will be time to create the 'season of orange' and put out all the fall items.  I can hardly believe that summer is almost over.  It seems like yesterday when I drove home with a truck full of plants for the garden.  Time certainly does not stand still...for anyone.

Have an amazing day and be sure to include some you time in your day...
Talk with you tomorrow...