Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Today is one of the three days in the next ten that doesn't have rain in the forecast!  It is cloudy out and not very bright.  It's 74 degrees now but only going to 81.  Maybe nice weather to work outside a bit.

The first thing we are doing is to take a load to the dump.  And then perhaps some grocery shopping.  After that it's back home.

Yesterday I did find some time to spend in the studio.  I worked on a little journal that will contain fabric collages.  The cover is made from a small padded mailer which I trimmed down and then made a slit in the back so it would fold easier...

Using glue, I covered the mailer with fabric and then added lace.  The inside cover has lace all around.  The outside cover has lace only on the front part of the cover...



I added pages (water color heavy paper) by sewing them into the book.  And then I made three collages...




As the pages are small (5 1/2 by 4 inches) I can use fabric from my small scrap fabric pile.  I used either tacky glue or a craft glue stick to attach the fabric to the pages.

This is just a fun little project that I can add to whenever.  It's not a journal that I want to finish right away.  I still need to decorate the front and add a closure.  And as the mailer is padded it won't stay closed on it's own so I will probably add a closure using a craft velcro dot.  By the way, craft velcro dots are much smaller and thinner than regular velcro dots but they are strong.

That's all for today...need to load the truck...have a wonderful day...

Talk with you tomorrow...