Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Maybe that's my problem...


PICTURE OF THE DAY:
This is another one of my primitive paintings...again, several years old, but it holds special memories for me.  I kept only four of my many paintings when we moved.   I'll take a picture of the third one and post it also.   It is a very different type of painting.  You can tell that I am not a great painter, but I really do enjoy painting and find it relaxing.

MAYBE THAT'S MY PROBLEM... 
I really enjoy all sorts of crafts from quilting and fabric creations to crocheting to painting and drawing to writing to just about anything.   I have a hard time just doing one thing.  It's not that I am great at all these things...I just enjoy doing them.   And I really do not care if the creations are fantastic or not.   For me the pleasure is in the creating, the trying, the learning new techniques.  And that includes blogging.   I love reading them and writing my own.

Perhaps if I was younger I would strive more for perfection, but now I realize that the pleasure of creating is far more satisfactory.   And you know what they say about 'Beauty being in the eye of the beholder'?   Well, perfection works in the same way...what may be perfect to me may not be perfect to others.   So I only strive to fulfill my own expectations.  A lot less stress!   

ON ANOTHER NOTE...
I found a used bookstore today and was immediately tempted to buy the place out.   I was very good...I bought an old Model Railroader Magazine for my brother who loves model trains.   It contains an article on the history of model trains from the past to the present - make that 1954.   I think he will enjoy it as well as the other articles.   It was in excellent condition and only cost $5.00.  

After looking at lots and lots of books that I really would have enjoyed adding to my library, I chose to purchase only one book entitled 'Ordinary Women, Extraordinary Wisdom'.   It too was in excellent condition and only $12.50.  I am trying, really I am...and I have yet to go over the $25.00 per week but there are times...

Thanks for visiting...hope your day was great...