Friday, February 26, 2010

It Friday...

 
 
PICTURES OF THE DAY:
Can you guess what I have been up to?   I wanted to do something while watching the Olympics, so I picked up a crochet hook and designed this flower (in three parts).   What am I going to do with it?   Add it to my fabric journal.   I'll be sure to take a picture when finished.

So, has anyone else had a hard time finding calendars after the first of the year.   Normally, they are all over, but this year they are hard to be found unless you like dogs, sports and celebs...those I found at one bookstore.   

Usually, I pick up several calendars after the first of the year and so far I have found none that I like.  (I usually lean toward folk art landscapes.)   Well, I guess I will print out my own.   I do miss having one hanging on my bulletin board which, by the way, desperately needs straightening and updating.   Another item to add to the list....

There are only a precious few days left of the Olympics.    Still haven't found anything to take its place.   Wish I could find televised curling matches...I find I really enjoy watching that sport.  More speed skating tonight on the short track.   

Last night we had such a storm that I thought the windows in my studio were going to blow out.   Torrential rain, high winds, coastal flooding, rivers flooding, streets closed, but NO SNOW.   Now maybe I am misinformed, but I thought this was February and I'm pretty sure I still live in Maine.  As I said before...this is sure weird weather!

FRUGAL FRIDAY RESULTS:
Well, let's see, I spent $2.00 at McDonalds for coffee and a breakfast burrito.   We had to get up early and take the car to the shop, so we treated ourselves on the way home.   After all,  I actually saw the sun rise, so it was cause for a celebration!!!!

Then on Wednesday, I treated myself to some time at a craft store.   I have to say that I have never been to a craft store that was so well stocked and had so many new things to enjoy looking at.   I did purchase a plastic case for $3.99 which I used to put in some beads from Goodwill.  The store also had a big bead sale, so I purchased $5.00 worth and got some of the most beautiful beads.   I plan on using these on one of my art quilts.   

So, I really did pretty good.   BUT I almost blew my budget on Friday.   We had to stop by Target to pick up some meds and I saw a Brother Sewing Machine on sale for $98.   Don't laugh, my sewing machine only cost about $70 and it only has six design stitches two of which are for button holes.   The Brother had 73 design stitches, plus the ability to change the width stitch size (i.e. in a satin stitch) which mine does not have, PLUS an attachable platform to increase the sewing area.   Better minds took over because now was not the time, especially with our main car in the shop.   Ah, perhaps later...

Well, the Olympics are on, so I will be signing off for now.   Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting....