Monday, March 1, 2010

First Sign of Spring?

 
  
  
PICTURES OF THE WEEK:
These pictures are of another angel in our collection of Jim Shore's Heartwood Creek.   This is the "Angel of Generosity".    The close ups show the attention of detail.   As I said before, we really enjoy this collection and it is one we will hold on to for a long, long time.

FIRST SIGN OF SPRING:
I really wish I had my camera with me the other day.  We had to run out for a quick trip to the grocery store.   On the way out of our complex on the side of the road gathered around a small tree was a flock of robins!!!   There were at least 25 birds.   I have never seen robins gathered together in those numbers before.   But, there they were, in February, in Maine!!!  

FABRIC JOURNAL:
I have been busy working on my fabric journal.   Remember the crocheted flower, well, here it is on one of the pages.
 
 
I have also been adding beads and other findings to my 'challenge' page...
 
  
  

I have even started the additions to the 'immediacy' page...
 
  

Threads and fabric scraps abound when I work.  I don't know about you, but I really like to use as much as I can, so I save the scraps for paper making...
 
 
Next time I make paper, I will take pictures of the results.

Well, the Olympics are over and I'm suffering from withdrawal.  The hockey game on Sunday was great.   It would have been nice for the USA team to win, but I was happy that it was the Canadian team winning at home.  I guess I'll have to pull out some of my craft dvds to watch...or listen to Old Time Radio.   If you like Old Time Radio shows, check out Internet Archives.   They have a ton of old shows.  

Have a great evening.   Thanks for visiting...