Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What a Week, and it's not over

 
PICTURE OF THE DAY:
A new box for my beads.   Note the wooden ones from the jewelry I purchased at Goodwill.

Well, it's been quite a week, so far.   Along with a major family health problem, it looks like the transmission in my Buick may be going....or not going!   I know it is a 1987 car, a Buick Century, but it sure is a good car and really in excellent condition.   It gets such good mileage that it did not qualify for the Cash for Clunkers.  Tomorrow will tell what they find.   Would be nice to hear good news!!

Have you been watching the Olympics.   I am really enjoying it...the late, late night telecasts make for sleepy mornings....who am I kidding....I am not a morning person anyway!!!   Maybe when these are over, I will be a bit more creative.    The most I have been able to do is play with fabric as the pictures below will show.

One exception!  I have been working on Dumplin'.  The introductory story is done and just needs some polishing.   You will not only meet Dumplin' , but also SassyAnn.   It's a cute story for kids and there will be some paperdolls and their clothes.   Add to that, a printout of Dumplin's bedroom and kids can have a lot of fun if they enjoy this primitive type of play...you know, what we used to do when we were young.

Well, as I said I have been playing with some fabric.   The first set is Marcus Fabrics, the Regency Collection III by Judie Rothermel, inspired by the New England Quilt Museum.
 
 
  
 
The second set is Moda, Wiscasset by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson.
 
  
  
  

Our weather has changed...lots of rain and wind on the coast.  LOTS of snow in the mountains.   Right now it is raining so hard it is pounding on the window in my studio.   Last time I checked it was still February...oh well.

Enjoy the Olympics.   Thanks for stopping by...