Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Friday, Really?

No pictures today....it's not that I don't have pictures to show you.   I just can't find the cable to transfer the pictures from my camera to my computer to my blog!!!   And I even cleaned up my office.   Maybe that's the problem...maybe I cleaned up my office too well.   At any rate, I'll keep looking until I find it.

Frugal Friday.   Well, not so much.   I spent $8 dollars at the Dollar Tree Store for gift bags and bows, etc.   I went to one of the Goodwill stores just to pass time and everything of 50% off, so I wound up getting a couple wool sweaters (which I have already felted in the washing machine - more on that later) and several pieces of lace and decorative fabric for a total of $11.   So, I was up to $19 but this week I went over because I purchased  the Spring copy of Art Quilting Studio by Stampingtom & Company for $14.  Sadly, that comes to $33, $8 over my limit.   But, in the long run, I saved $11 for some neat things at Goodwill.   And the magazine is fantastic.

Back to the sweaters.   I washed both in hot water and dried them in a hot dryer.   I found that the bulky sweater 'felted' much better than the thinner one which is exactly the opposite of what I thought it would be.  That's one thing I will have to check out for next time.   But the bulky sweater is great.   Wish I could show you pictures.    Hopefully, later on...

Well, the backdrop is almost done.   I have four panels completely finished and one in the final stages.  When we get back, I will be able to add the black muslin lining to the panels.   I think they turned out pretty well.  Very different that the last set but that was the very first time I had ever attempted a backdrop.

Yes, we will be gone for a couple days.   We are leaving on Sunday for NYC, spending the night in New Rochelle and driving in to Manhattan on Monday.   I am not too sure if this is going to be a two day trip or if it may be longer so I may not be back to the blog until after we are back.

Have you been watching 'March Madness'?   Some of the games have been very good.

Have a great weekend.  I hope your weather is as nice as ours...I am itching to get outside and plant.   But even I know that it is too early for that.

Thanks for stopping by....