Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pictures once again

 
PICTURE OF THE DAY:
Okay, okay, so grass doesn't make the most exciting picture but hey, look at it...IT'S GREEN...there are actual patches of green grass around our townhouse.    Granted a good deal of the area looks more like hay than grass, but there are spots here and there.  Really, there are... 

And look at these buds....
I guess that means that spring is coming....slowly but surely.

We've had a lot of rain...a...lot...of...rain!   I thought it was supposed to clear up today, but early this morning it was pouring down.   And it is late afternoon and only gray clouds grace the sky.   It has stopped raining though.   And the temperature is nice...I have the window open and am working in short sleeves.

I have sewed a stay stitch around the edges of the panels and attached the black muslin.   The addition of the lining really gave the panels substance.   I like the way they look and hang.  By the way, here is panel number four (without lining).   The first picture is of the sky and the second of the hills...as if you couldn't tell by looking...duh...

And here are my...ah...helpers working hard...

Remember the sweaters that I purchased so I could felt them.   This is a picture of the back of the sweater that felted up beautifully.   I can cut it anyway and it doesn't frey.   The front of the sweater has lots of colorful pictures which I haven't decided how to use yet, but I want to try my hand making inchies with the back.   What do you think...

And believe it or not, I have been doodling again...this is my favorite of the last batch...

This is another doodle of a different type.   I think I may try to make several different colorful blocks in the shapes below and attach them to a single fabric background.   I imagine a cityscape of sorts with this image.   I'm debating how large to make it, am leaning towards somewhere in the range of sixteen to eighteen inches square.  

I've been working with GIMP and am finding it absolutely fascinating.   Now I understand why folks like Photoshop.   I can't wait until I can begin posting some of the pictures I can create.   

Well, that's all for now.   By the way, I didn't have to purchase a cable for my camera after all...all I had to do is move the mountain of fabric left over from cutting the panels and there it was.   Now how it got there is another mystery...one which my 'helpers' may have had a hand it....

Thanks for stopping by....