Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Purging is Such Fun!!!

PICTURES OF THE DAY:
This is a picture from my studio window.   It's funny how the screen adds a layer of texture over the blue sky that seems to go upward infinitely.   Anyway, the weather has changed for the better.   My window is open and there is a light breeze.   I hear children outside playing - school vacation this week.  So, outside I've gone to find some flowers to photograph and these are what I found...

A bed of white beauties with a few yellow thrown in...

 This bed seemed more evenly divided between yellow and white...

And these are just beginning to blossom.   Bet you can tell which side gets more sunlight...

I couldn't ignore my favorite flower...yes, I know folks think these are weeds.   But have you ever had the experience of seeing a yard completely covered with these yellow flowers...it really is breathtaking!  I am sure, though, that some of you have other words to describe it...

I also got some up close pictures of new leaves...

I love how the little purple berries stand out in this picture...

It is early for me to post my blog, but I needed a break.   I am going through my magazine stash.   To put it bluntly, I love magazines (which is why it has been so hard not to purchase any - other than those I get digitally via subscription).   Actually, that is putting it mildly.   I LOVE MAGAZINES!!!!   Do you have the picture now?

But they are taking over my studio and I really need to purge the supply, so I am going through them.   I make a note about the the articles which I am interested in from the quilting magazines and then take the magazines to the quilt guild and give them away.

The rest I actually cut out articles that I want to keep and recycle the rest of the magazine.  So that has been my day so far...not very exciting, but at the same time it does get the creative juices flowing.

Next purge...stamps and ink.   I already know who I am going to mail them too.   Stamps are great, but they are just not my thing.   I only use a few of them for very specific things.  So I will be keeping a few dozen, but the rest will be on their way to their new home.

I've been listening to 'Nature Sounds' on the computer (instead of my usual Bloomberg TV).   If you have a computer, you can get any number of music and talk radio stations on AoL Radio.   It's free!   I even have it bookmarked on my bookmark toolbar so I can access it quickly.

Thanks for visiting...