Monday, May 3, 2010

A Walk in the Sunlight on a Beautiful Day

PICTURES OF THE DAY:
Wow!  I think that summer is here.   And we are finally catching up with the rest of the world.   The flowers seemed to have popped out overnight.   Here are some of the pictures I took on a walk this afternoon.
It was just delightful!!!

Well, May is basket month. 
  Did you ever make a 'May Basket' of flowers or goodies and leave it on the door handle of a friend, ring the doorbell, then run away so they couldn't see who put it there?

I used to do it when I was a little girl.   I remember making cone shaped containers out of construction paper, decorating them, adding a handle large enough to fit over the doorknob and finding flowers to put in it.   I would then leave one on all my neighbors doors.   It was a lot of fun.

I think, though, that I sometimes took some flowers from a neighbors flower garden to use in my containers.   If she knew, she never said a thing...and I'm pretty sure she knew.   It was a different time back then.   I wouldn't want to go back and live in that time, but sometimes a moment of nostalgia is fun to engage in...

So how was your weekend?   Mine was busy and relaxing at the same time.   I worked on my crafts  and then on some quilt designs, watched PBS shows and simple relaxed.   I did see the Kentucky Derby.   The track sure was messy, but the race was fun to watch.

I'm still working on my new blog plan, but for now, I think I will introduce the new crafts on Wednesdays of each month.  And since I am working on some journals myself, I think I will make some journal prompt suggestions, probably on Tuesdays.  

And, as always there will be Frugal Fridays to see how I've done this week.   Hmm...that only leaves Mondays and Thursdays.   Well, Mondays are easy...catching up on the weekend seems appropriate.   So that leaves Thursdays.   Have to think about that one for a while longer.

Thanks for visiting...