Monday, June 14, 2010

We're Back...

We're back and the trip to NYC was really good...read that no accidents!!!!   And let me tell you, driving our new-to-us vehicle was sure nice.   First of all, I love to be higher up in traffic so I can see what's going on.   

And I had no problems driving in Manhattan...of course, the cabs who think they own the road (and probably do) are fun to deal with, but I dealt with them.   I also noticed less honking than I used to hear when we lived there!!!   Wonder if the $350.00 fines really work?

We were around the 106th street on the East Side of the park.   As a matter of fact, we sat in the park for a while waiting for our appointments.   And I took the following PICTURES OF THE DAY to show folks that there really is a lot of 'green' in NYC...


I still love all the hustle and bustle of the city...but Maine has it's unique gifts also.   Wonder if I could put the two together...probably not.  One thing I like about the Maine coast is its weather...cool.   Hot, humid days in the city are not fun...

We don't go back for three weeks, so I should be able to keep the posts current.   And I am looking forward to posting my now cleaned and organized studio for 'Where Bloggers Create'.   Also, found a blog that sponsors 'Friday Night Sew Ins' and I think I will try that this Friday.

I've had fun creating the next 'Basket Craft' which I will share this Wednesday.   It's a little bit of everything.   I need to get busy working on my journals...they have been sadly neglected lately.

Thanks for visiting...drop by tomorrow for the Tuesday Journal Prompt...