Friday, September 24, 2010

Day Five of my Journey and Fall Colors

 

PICTURES OF THE DAY:
Believe me, I didn't really know that the fall colors had begun.   But on a walk around our complex I realized that fall is here.   And the leaves on some of the trees really were a brilliant red.   I hope you enjoyed my walk as much as I did...

Unfortunately, I also saw this...

If your not familiar, this is a Gypsy Moth and they can wreck havoc on trees.   They actually destroyed a good deal of the forest in the Catoctin Mountains in Maryland.   I hope that that doesn't happen here.

On a cheerier note, I finished my inchies.   Remember, I had applied burlap to card stock for the background.   I really did not have a clue as to what to do next until I found this...

So I cut out faces from this tissue and applied them to the background...

I also thought about the face of a clock, so I added these...

I added a gold button and coated it several times with Mod Podge which gave a thick clear coat.   I glued four layers of card stock together to give some thickness, cut to fit and applied it to the back.  Finally, I used a permanent marker to edge the inchie...

And this is the final product...

I think they turned out quite nice.  What do you think?

Well, I packed some more boxes.   And, I did take pictures of what I packed.   This is going to make it much easier rather than writing everything down.  

Have a great fall weekend...look for the colors...enjoy yourself...

Thanks for visiting...