Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day Nine on my Journey

Rehearsals for the musical are going well.    I have to get busy and finish the backdrop.   Hopefully now that I have some practice, I can whip out this one quickly!!!   If not, I will have some sleepless nights coming up.  

I spent some time working on cleaning up my computer today.   And I thought I would share a couple of things that I enjoy.   

First,  on one of my surfing trips I stumbled upon two digital magazines that are really good and the best thing is that they're free.   One of them is Art Trader Magazine.   It is jam packed full of information and ideas about making art for trade.   If you're not familiar with trading (swapping) art,  you might want to check it out.   Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) are the most common, but trading has branched out to 'Inchies', Altered Art, etc.

Another free digital crafting magazine is Creative Times.   This one has a variety of crafting ideas, how-to and patterns.   It also contains some things to purchase.

If any of you have found other free magazines online, let me know.   I'm always looking for new ideas to try out.   Maybe not until we have moved, but then I'll have lots of time to have fun...

Something else that I am doing is scanning in some of my kids' school papers.  And considering how old my kids are, I've kept their papers for quite a while.    I hope to put together some sort of compilation of all of them and make a copy for all the kids.   And I am sending them their own originals.   I haven't quite figured out how to compile them it so if you have any suggestions let me know.

But what I wanted to tell you is that I discovered that some of their artwork is a perfect base for using in a journal.   I've copied several on card stock and they really are unique.   Next I want to try and print on fabric.   If you have any children's art, you may want to give it a try.   You may be as surprised as I was.

Thanks for stopping by...hope you had a great day!!!