Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day Three, Journey, Inchies

You know how some days you work to perfection and other days, it seems like all you do is diddle around doing nothing.   Well, today certainly felt that way.   I had lots and lots of little things to do and it all added up to...I just felt like I didn't accomplish anything.   

The list was long, and I did complete it but it was things like find boxes, sort papers, go through mail, clean kitchen, empty shredder, gather garbage,  etc., etc., etc.

At least rehearsal was fun...remember the musical?...I still have to finish the backdrop.   But I finally have a handle on it after talking with the director this evening.   She felt that less detail was better, so I am going to do a backdrop giving the impression of a city.   Makes it easier for me!

Remember when I told you I was in an Inchie Swap.   Well, our first theme was butterflies and here are the ones I received....

Aren't they just precious???  This was mine...

AND, I won the drawing so I also received this tile...

The next swap theme is faces and so far all I have done is the background.   I took some burlap and using Mod Podge, I applied it to cardstock...

It took a lot of Mod Podge,  but it dried relatively quickly, even in our humid (yes, I said humid) air.   I have been drawing different faces to see if any clicks...so far none has.

I'm still kind of in shock, but I really don't feel like this temporary change is going to be too difficult.   I may be fooling myself, but I think it is doable.   

So far the only thing I'm worried about is backing my 'tank' into the loading dock to unload it.   I'm still trying to get a feeling for driving it forward...now I have to back up!!!!!

Oh well, I'm sure I will be an old hand at backing it up by the time I've finished.  At least I hope so.

Thanks for visiting...see you tomorrow...