Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day 2010

I hope all of you are enjoying a relaxing 'Labor Day'.  I always feel that Labor Day is on the starting line for the 'fall rush'  from things resuming like school, to preparations for Thanksgiving and Christmas...  Fun, exhilarating, exhausting, and exciting!  

I sometimes wish that Thanksgiving wasn't so close to Christmas.   It would be fun to spend a bit more time preparing for each celebration.   But, wishing is not going to change things, so back to the rush.  Truth be told, that is probably some of the excitement...   At any rate, I hope you are having a great Labor Day even as you begin anticipating the calendar of events.

Remember when I showed you the beach we visited...
 

Well, I collected some rocks but believe me I want to go back.   The rocks were very unusual.   Most of them were smooth from the action in the water, but tons of them were very, very thin.   Great for painting pictures on.   Here are a few that I brought home...

The two stones leaning up against the long stone...YES, that is a stone...are very thin as you can see in the next picture.   Now that I know about these, I think I will take advantage of the really tiny, thin ones for my atc's and even inchies!!!

And another Zendoodle...

And yet another one...

These are becoming addictive.    Either that or a way to get the artistic juices flowing...when I just can't make up my mind as to what to do, I doodle.   What's interesting is that after doodling, I seem to be able to settle down to doing something else artistic.  Go figure!!!

Well, that's all for today.   We're on our way to Manhattan tomorrow but should be back on either Thursday or Friday.   

Thanks for stopping by...