Thursday, September 2, 2010

One Journal Page...

PICTURE OF THE DAY:
This is at the lighthouse that we visited last week.   I always enjoy stopping and reading it.

Well, tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.   Stay tuned and I'll let you know if it is or not.   Earl may be passing by at the beginning of the weekend, at least I hope that it he passes by and doesn't visit directly.

Remember when I showed you the pictures of the paper fabric.   I tried putting paper on fabric with both glue and Mod Podge.   The Mod Podge was much better in my estimate, but I forgot to post a picture...

This was flexible and sturdy at the same time.   I think it would be great to use this application for paper dolls and paper doll clothes.   They would stay clean and not tear.    I cut out two of the designs above, then edged with a black permanent marker.   I can think of a dozen ways to use the cutouts.

One Journal Page...
I took one of the pages that I prepared earlier and created a journal page.   I'm still feeling my way around making journal pages.   But, I'm trying to break out of the box that I think I'm in.   So here are the steps I took to make the journal page.  First the page after the paint dried.   (Remember this was a flyer from the mail!)

The page after using a decorative scissors...

Stamping fall (cool weather on the brain!)...

Beginning my list...

Adding some tissue paper with watered down glue and the list continues...

Adding some borders with markers...

Adding a decorative design from the Mod Podge piece above...

And the list grows...

(Okay, the light changed so the pictures are a bit different shade.)   A little bit of yarn applied with a glue pen...

Dabbing on stamp ink with tissue...

Highlighting the list and adding some trinkets...

A few extra leaves and voila, I have a journal page...

A couple of close-ups...

As I said, I am trying to break out of my somewhat conservative 'box'.   And quite frankly, I didn't really get art journals until I started playing around with them.   I am finding that I enjoy them more and more as a place to experiment and stretch (or even break) those boundaries.

Hope you enjoyed my journal page.   Now it's your turn.   Give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by...