Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Preparing Journal Pages (It's Still Hot!!!)


Yes, it was still hot today, thus my PICTURE OF THE DAY to cool down my visual senses at least.  This was taken at the Portland Headlight Lighthouse last week...when it was cool!!!

Well, I worked on the school papers again for a couple hours (have to get busy on the pictures also!) but I found out that I needed to change my routine.   I was scanning way too many papers because I was scanning as I was sorting.   

So now what I am doing is sorting first and then choosing things to scan.   I think it will go faster now because I will not be scanning everything.   After I have finished, I plan on sending each child their own papers.   They can decide what to do with them.   But I will also send along a copy of all the files I am scanning.   That way they will each have a remembrance of each other.

Another thing I spent time on was to prepare background papers for a journal.   I just used some of the flyers that came in the mail and some paint...

I used acrylic paint and it dried fast - even those pages with a build up of paint - so I was able to do both sides.

Unfortunately, I did have a bit of an accident.   After I put some paint down on the paper, I dropped the camera in it.   Of course, the camera got paint in the tiny places to change settings and distance.   I took out as much as I could.   But when it dried, the paint peeled off on its own as I changed the settings.   I hope that it continues to work...stay tuned...

After using the paint I had fun with stamps and ink...

I used water color paper and just played with stamps as well as with the ink pads alone.   It was a lot of fun and my fingers will definitely show it for a couple days!!!

I also did another ZenDoodle...

These things are really addictive, but for me they have a very calming effect.   If you haven't doodled, give it a try.   You might like it.

Hopefully it will cool down tomorrow.   Stay cool where ever you are!!!

Thanks for visiting...