Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Thirty-Four and Packing...

It's done...I mean...IT'S DONE!   And even better, it's up!!!  It took me six hours to hang the backdrop for this musical, but it is up...and I don't have to strike it until Saturday night.   Of course, it has to be put up again on Sunday...

I didn't take pictures today because...well, I was just plain tired, but I have to go back and re-pin it if everything works out well.  I will take pictures then.  For the first pinning, I usually pin from the front and then if it looks okay and works well, I go back and pin from behind so no quilting pins are visible.

Not only that, but I have begun to dismantle my office/studio beyond the books and magazines.   I have been trying to figure out how to pack things and how much to take.   We will be moving for a minimum of a year and a half and up to two years.   It wouldn't really be cost effective to purchase all new stuff.  So I have decided to use six plastic containers, each about 10" by 13" by 4", with a secure fastener.

So this is what I am taking for my stamping supplies.   I have been using the clear stamps that adhere to a plastic holder.   That really does cut down on space.   I'm also taking only my small stamp pads.   Here are some pictures as I filled up the box.



The small containers at the bottom are my embossing powders.   The small plastic container on the top right contain my small ink pads..




I keep my small stamps in another plastic box (middle picture).   The larger sheets of stamps fit on top, and some individual small stamps are in a checkbook box that I decorated.   I changed things around to make things fit, but I still have lots more room to add things.   I was really surprised at how much I was able to fit in...

Well, my team gave a gallant effort, but they didn't win.   Of course, one touchdown the other team had should not have counted and one that my team made should have.   It just seems like the Vikings can't catch a break...but it was a great game.

How are the fall colors holding up where you are?   I can't believe that there are still spectacular vistas here.   We have had lots of rain and wind, but still there are plenty of leaves on the trees.   And even today with gray, cloudy, misty weather,  the views are beautiful.   I know I will miss this next fall, so it is a pure treat to have the color hang around for so long.

Hope your weekend was relaxing and lots of fun.   Thanks for stopping by...