Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Abundance and Simplicity


How many of you equate simplicity with doing without?  How many of you think that if you are going to follow a life of simplicity you are going to get rid of everything including things that have a deep personal meaning for you or that you simply appreciate?
 
 

Each of us has to come up with our own idea of simplicity and how it fits into our lives.    One facet that I found goes hand in hand with simplicity is abundance.   The two words seem to be in conflict with each other.   But really, they are not.


Abundance doesn't necessarily mean having more 'things'.    I have found with simplicity comes an abundance of appreciation of just about everything from family time to time pursuing dreams to watching a flock of wild turkeys.


Simplicity allows us to slow down and watch the leaves grow or smell the roses or read a book or listen to a wonderful piece of music or visit a friend or even smile at a stranger.   And that, folks, for me is an abundance of riches.


So when you begin your journey to simplicity remember that the joy of abundance will join you on that trip.   Will there be ups and downs?   Of course.    Will there be times when things just don't go the way you want?  Of course.   But in the end I think you will find that abundance and simplicity do go hand in hand and the rewards will far exceed any of your hopes.

Thanks for stopping by...hope to see you tomorrow...

My Journey of Change...
On my drive to the hospital the day that things began going downhill for my husband, three words popped into my mind.   Acceptance, love and change.   Now, at this time things were looking up and we all thought that he was going to make it.   But the words persisted.   Unfortunately, his health failed and the children were called with the news that they had 24 hours...they all made it in time.

But I have often wondered about how and why those three words presented themselves to me.    I find it truly a mystery.   They are words that helped me when I truly needed it and continue to help me today.   They were a gift and I have held them close to my heart ever since.