Monday, March 7, 2011

Snow, Again!


There are mountains in the background!
It's almost a whiteout situation.
You can barely see the interstate!
Can you guess what is happening?
Snow, anyone?

How was your weekend?   I hope you had the opportunity to savor some time doing something that tickled your fancy and delighted your soul.   I did and it was nice.   I read, drew, worked on the landscape, embellished more on my fabric art piece, caught up with some of my favorite blogs, listened to nature sounds on AOL radio, enjoyed the family and watched some tv.  

PBS is doing their fundraising right now and one of the best events was the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables production.   It began at midnight here and I stayed up for the entire production including the fantastic encores.   They included the cast from the 10th Anniversary production for the two encore songs and it was breathtaking for me.    If you have an opportunity to see it, take the time, it is well worth it.

I haven't posted any pictures of my doodles lately.   Here are two that I enjoyed doing this weekend.   Nothing spectacular, but it is nice to get back in the grove...

Chip and Dale are up to their usual antics...Chip resting by the window looking out at the snow...

And Dale basically telling me that no he doesn't want his picture taken...

Jumping off the table...

And proceeding to walk away...
...thank you very much!!!!

Looking at the amount of snow out the window, tomorrow will be a snuggle in type of day.   Maybe I'll get out some yarn and try my hand at crocheting something to use in my journal.

So how's the weather where you are at?   Snow?   Or has spring started to pop in?   

Thanks for visiting...see you tomorrow.

My Journey of Change...
Saturday marked the first month.   I was dreading the day, but it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would.   Yes, I did feel the loss very acutely and I cried, but I also remembered happy moments.

I would have loved to share the Les Miserable Production with him.   I remember when he first played the song 'Castle in the Air'.   He loved it.   I wasn't too smitten at the time...of course, we had three talking (make that screaming) kids in the car at the time and in order to hear it he had to turn the sound up really loud.   Funny how you remember little things like that!