Friday, April 12, 2013

Winter???

As I am writing this post, the snow, sleet and rain - yes, all three - are pelting my window.   It is cold, dark, windy, and wet.   I had a couple errands to run and just getting down the front steps was a treat!!!   Boy, were they slippery.

Besides mailing a few items and picking up some things from the grocery store, I was going to fill up the car, getting ready to leave for NYC this weekend.   However, it was just too darn cold and wet.   Guess I will fill up on the road.

Well, you know that I make inchies...but I also make twinchies.   What are twinchies?  They are two inch square little pieces of artwork.   We began a digital swap of twinchies at Roses On My Table this month.   The theme is 'Hearts and Flowers'.   So I decided to make one.

When looking through my supplies, I found that I had purchased 2 inch square canvases, both black and white.   So I just gathered a bunch of things like stickers, flowers, blending chalk, glue, etc.

This is what I came up with...

Kind of traditional...also, not very inspiring to me.   I realized that even though the canvas is larger, just sticking more things on doesn't do it.   So, it's back to the drawing board.  I'll see what I can come up with this weekend.   Maybe a doodle with a fine point marker?   Maybe some collage?   Stay tuned!

So do you have anything special planned for this weekend?   I hope so and I hope those plans include some time for yourself.

Thanks for visiting...
I'll see you Monday...
Enjoy yourself...