Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Walking Through History, One Picture At A Time

Have you ever looked at all of your photos?   I mean all the photos taken from when you were a child, throughout your school, and unto your family and kids?  Well, that's what I am doing now as scanning photos has begun in earnest.  

It's interesting to look at pictures of myself as a baby, young child, young women, mother and now grandmother.    Wow!   That's a lot of living...and a lot of loving.   Looking at all those pictures brings back memories, experiences and a depth of appreciation for all of it.

I wasn't sure how I would react to all the photos.   Long-time readers of my blog know that my husband died only a couple years ago.  I was wondering if it would be a sad, depressing project.   Of course, there is some sadness wishing that he was still here.   But it has actually been a very wonderful, gratifying experience.   Also, breathtaking when I realize all the living that I have done.  

Most of the day was spent sorting and organizing.   Not too much time spent creating, but here are my two latest ICAD challenge cards.  I played with patterns...


Weather front...what a change.   From heat to cold.   If it made it into the 70's today, it was just barely.   It's cold, damp, rainy, gray...you get the picture.

Thanks for visiting...

See you tomorrow...