Thursday, August 22, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 22 and PICTURES!!!

I promised you pictures and pictures I am posting..it's been a busy week here.   I won't bore you with all of them, but here's a sampling...

We went to Booth Bay Harbor to check things out.   I love this sign (and no, we did not need to use it!)...

You know me and flowers, well there were some beautiful ones...

The harbor is really beautiful even if a bit crowded...

We ate at my favorite place on the wharf...
Really, there is nothing like Maine Lobster!!!

We drove around and found another lighthouse...it's on the right hand side of the picture...

If you're not familiar with Maine, this is what the coast line looks like for the most part...
Rocky!!!

And in the summer these are always around...

Today was hot, so we went to the beach...with lots of other folks...and yes there is sand here.   But the water, well, it's Maine so don't expect anything above icy!!!

Oh, and this little fellow was around a lot...

And now, today's Challenge Inchie..."Keeping In Touch The Old Fashioned Way"

I didn't take a side view but the pencil and envelope stand out.   First, I glued a piece of 'writing' designed paper to the base and used black paper tape to finish the edges.  

On the pink sheet I made lines to replicate writing without actually writing (same on the envelope) and glued it down.   I cut and folded the envelope like a real letter size envelope and glued it to a piece of thin styrofoam and then glued the styrofoam to the base.    The stamp is a tiny blue rectangle to which I added stamp markings.

For the pencil, I rolled up a small piece from a manilla folder and secured it with glue.   I trimmed one end to a point and used permanent markers to decorate like a pencil.

Preseason football tonight.   This is week three...wow...that means that fall is around the corner...

Thanks for stopping in...
Take some time for yourself...
See you tomorrow...