Saturday, August 3, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 3

It feels a bit odd to post on a weekend...but I will be posting everyday in August including the weekends.  

So what do you like to do on your Saturdays?   I always enjoyed watching the PBS shows...cooking, crafting, quilting, gardening and fixing up houses.   Of course, now I can see most of these online but I still enjoy having them on while I am crafting or cleaning or cooking. 

Here's today's inchie which I call Journaling (for obvious reasons!)...


The pencil is made from a piece of lightweight cardstock which I rolled into a circle and secured with glue.   I flattened it a bit and cut a point on one end.   Using permanent markers, I decorated it to look like a pencil and attached to the base.

The 'Journal' cover is cut out of a manilla folder.  I used an inkpad to create a pattern by swiping the ink on and immediately wiping off as much ink as desired.   I folded it in half and designed the cover again with permanent markers. 

When finished I cut white pages to insert with glue inside the journal.   The closure is made out of a small strip of the folder, glued to the back, then folded and attached to the front after decorating with markers.  The base, as usual, is made out of three pieces of lightweight cardstock.

As you can see, this inchie took a bit of time, but was not difficult.   I bet if you try, you too will be able to create lots of beautiful inchies....

Thanks for checking things out this weekend...
See you tomorrow...
Be sure to take some time for yourself today...