Friday, August 30, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 30

Well, the challenge is over in one more day but I am so used to creating inchies that I just may continue.

Anyone watch football last night?   It's the end of this year's preseason.   The regular season begins next Thursday!   And college football will begin in earnest this weekend.   Think I have football on the brain?   Well, I do.   That and fall...

Here's today's challenge inchie.   It looks like a book but actually it's not.   Check it out...



It really is a notepad from which you can pull off one page at a time.   I got the idea when I saw an article on using your scrap paper to create a notepad by using a padding compound.   Well, I didn't have any padding compound but I did have Alene's Fast Grab Thick Tack Glue.

So, I punch out lots of one inch squares of scrap paper.   Lined them up on all four sides.   I used two bull clips to hold the glue side.   I applied a generous amount of glue and spread it even.  When dry, it was just like a note pad...


For the cover, I used a piece of thin cardboard cut to size, scored, folded and glued to the notepad at the top only.   I used a permanent black marker to finish the sides next.   Then glued on a fabric cover using Mod Podge and adding the name and decoration.  

I was even surprised at how easy this was and how nice it turned out.   What do you think?

Thanks for dropping in...
See you tomorrow...
Remember it's a three day weekend...