Saturday, August 31, 2013

INCHIE CHALLENGE 31


I hope all of you have a great Labor Day Vacation.   Spend time enjoying nature, enjoying family, enjoying friends and, most importantly, enjoying yourself.

Today is the last day of the Inchie Challenge.   Here's the inchie which I call 'Peace'...

This one is made from 'Paperclay' which is fun to work with.   I rolled out a piece of clay a bit thicker than 1/4 inch and cut out a square that was a bit bigger than one inch (because the Paperclay does shrink a bit).   The dove stamp used to create the image is from a collection of tiny stamps.

After air drying for a day, I lightly sanded to smooth out any imperfections.   Using a black permanent marker, I covered the sides and back.  

On the front, I first covered the entire area outside of the stamp with a gold glitter gel pen.  Then using tacky glue I glittered the front.   When that was dry I applied four coats of Mod Podge to the entire inchie, letting it dry between coats.   Finally I added a grommet so that this can be used as jewelry.   Fun and easy.  

I plan on putting all the inchies on Pinterest this weekend.   I'll publish a link on Tuesday.   I hope all of you have seen how easy it is to make inchies.   And, if they interest you, I hope you give them a try.   Interested in swapping, check out Roses On My Table, the Inch by Inch section.

My next post will be Tuesday and I'll let you know how I did with the August goals and share with you my September goals.

Thanks for visiting and spending some of your time here at Amanda's Baskets...
Have a great holiday weekend...
See you next Tuesday...