Friday, September 27, 2013

A Very Quick Trip

We got back this evening from our trip to Rhode Island, Cape Cod and Plymouth, Massachusetts.   I took lots and lots of pictures...some of which turned out and some of which didn't!!!   Haven't got the process down for taking pictures from a moving car yet, but I am getting better.

Anyway, before the clock chimes twelve, I wanted to upload a couple pictures with a promise that next week I will be posting lots more...

Our first stop was Newport, RI.   Why?   Because my friend has a collection of cups from every state she has visited and Rhode Island was one state she had not had the opportunity to see.   (And, yes, she did get a cup!)

If you haven't been to Newport, then you are missing out on lots and lots of things to see and do from the Cliff Walk, to the Breakers and the rest of the mansions, to the little shops on the wharfs.   Here's a picture from Barrister Wharf...

From there we drove to Cape Cod.   Provincetown to be exact which is at the very end of Cape Cod.   Here's a picture of the water at sundown...
...and yes, the colors were that spectacular.

The next day we explored Plimouth Plantation...
There's a lot to experience and learn here which I will share later.   It is definitely a place worth visiting!

Before returning to Portland, we stopped by and saw the Mayflower II...

I hope I have whetted your appetite to want to see more pictures from our trip and hear about our experiences.   Check back later next week...

Tomorrow, Freeport!   Sunday a cruise on the bay.   Monday, Boothbay Harbor...   Are you getting tired yet?   Stay tuned for lots more about my friends' visit.

Thanks for dropping in today...

Don't forget, football this weekend.   (My team will be able say they lost not only in the USA but also England after this weekend...I know, I know...I need to hope for the best.   But I am a realist!!!)

See you Monday...