Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Exploring Portland, Maine

My friends from Minnesota are here and we decided to explore the Portland, Maine waterfront area.   I took some pictures at the Maxwell Pottery shop.   It is a fun, colorful, bright, energetic shop featuring both local and international artists.  

Here are a couple pictures...




We stopped at the Treehouse Toy Store and I found this retro toy.   Now, I know I am dating myself, but I remember getting them in cereal boxes.   How about you?   Remember all you do is add Baking Powder to get the boat to go up and down...
If you know of other retro toys, let me know.   I'd love to collect them for Christmas Presents for old ducks like me...then we can sit around and reminisce about our younger lives!

After walking around, we enjoyed a fine lunch at DiMillos - a restaurant (on a boat) with great seafood.

Tomorrow we're heading for Rhode Island and Cape Cod...should be interesting so I won't be posting anything until Friday and then I will post lost of pictures.

Short post tonight...need to get ready for the trip.

Thanks for stopping by...
See you on Friday...