Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lists, Quilts, Jellyroles and LSNED

I have noticed that when it is sunny, I get more done.   How about you?   Today was bright, sunny, and breezy and I just kept going like the energizer bunny.   Powered right through today's to-do list.   It was so nice to cross off one thing after another. 

How do you feel about to-do lists?   I find that when I have things written down, or on my computer, I am more focused and get them done.  I don't put everything down, just the highlights for the day.   I used to put everything on a list but found that list making took way too much time.   This works for me...about five minutes lining up the day while I'm checking my e-mail.

I managed to go through several books and magazines deciding whether to keep or donate...mostly donate.   And I worked on the next quilt.   If things go well, that top will be done by the end of the week.

I decided to go ahead and use a low loft batting.   But I am still going to use fleece for the back.   To save some money, I ordered the batting in king size.   I can get two quilts out of that size plus some left over for a few wall hangings.   Maybe I'm getting a bit too ambitious but it's going so well I think I will be able to get a few more items made.

Here's the finished top for my first quilt.  


You can see how bright the sun was today.     Here's another set of strips that I will be using to make another quilt...

I was really lucky...I managed to buy four jellyroles for $6.99  each instead of the regular price which is several times that amount.   And I will be able to get three quilts out of them with lots left over for other things!   The stars seem to be aligned for my gift-making.

Here are a couple more pages from LSNED...


That's Learn Something New Each Day.   The top page focuses on bad experiences and how to handle them.   (For me, basically, learn what I can and then continue on my life's journey!)   The bottom one is a list!   Ten things I have learned.

I have put each page on a manilla colored piece of cardstock and then slipped them into a page protector pocket that also included the information for the day from Shimelle.

Have you seen 'Silk' on Masterpiece Mystery?   It's a drama about English lawyers.    If you have a chance, watch the first three episodes which are on PBS video (on the internet), or catch them on Masterpiece.   I think it is a very good program.

Thanks for stopping by...
Hope your day is going great...
See you tomorrow...