Friday, September 20, 2013

MORE QUILT TOPS AND ORANGE IN THE TRAILER?


Sorry I didn't post yesterday,  I wasn't feeling well.   Today is better but not great.   I have high hopes for tomorrow.

I received the low loft batting, the fleece AND the heat resistant fabric today so I am back on track to work on my quilts, etc.   As a matter of fact, I have quilt blocks made for two more quilts. 

I will actually get four tops (about 60 inches square) instead of three out of the Jelly Rolls with lots left over to use for other projects.   I am truly amazed at that.

Here are the next two quilt tops.   I have the blocks sewn and trimmed, just need to sew them together.   The pictures give you an idea of how I plan to put the blocks together...

I like both of them...the busyness of the bottom flowery blocks as well as the more sharply defined top blocks.  My plan is to sew these tops together this weekend while watching football and get one top ready for quilting or tying.  Haven't decided which I will be doing.


I have begun to work on the trailer.   I ordered the parts needed for the awning and I have decided to redecorate on the inside.   Not too sure how I am going to accomplish what I want - but I do want to brighten up the inside. 

 I'm not interested in painting.   I was thinking more along the lines of adding some fabric to the walls with liquid starch.   That way I could change easily without any damage.   What do you think?   Of course, you know me...bright orange is the color I want to use.   Think that's too much?  

It's getting cooler here, but the colors have not begun.   At least it's not raining.   But even with the sun shining bright, my clothes did not get completely dry today.   They're hanging in various places around the room right now to finish up the drying process.

Weekend beginning...football tonight, tomorrow and Sunday!   Hope you enjoy your weekend...
Thanks for visiting...
See you on Monday...