Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Simple Decoration for the Holidays



Hump day!!!   So how's your week going?  Mine is going pretty well.   Today I finished all the projects in the trailer that I had planned.   Tomorrow I will be cleaning it up and beginning to organize and taking things from my office/studio to the trailer.   Once I get the trailer organized, then I will be able to pack up the rest of the stuff in my office/studio.

I want to share one of the Christmas things I am putting together.   Check out the photo below and you can get an idea of what I am making...

What's missing is parchment paper and cardboard.   Did you guess?   It's luminarias.    I love to see them around the holidays.  

The golden cans are wet cat food cans.   I will fill these with plaster of paris and place a tea light (covered with vaseline so it doesn't stick) at the top leaving an indentation so the tea light is secure..  

Then I will cut a simple shape out of the front of the bag, for instance, a tree.   And secure a piece of parchment paper on the inside of the bag covering the cut-out shape.  

Finally, I will cut a piece of cardboard the size of the bottom of the bag to hold it open.   When I send these out, I will include two or three tea lights per bag so they can stay lite longer.

What do you think?   It's easy, inexpensive and fun to use.

As I said, packing in the living room is going well...

I have two boxes partially packed - one with cd's and one with odds and ends.   And the living room is done.   Wow.   It's still October for one more day.

Halloween tomorrow.   Are you ready for your trick or treater's?

Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...