Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Plimoth Plantation - The English Village

Alas, my friends had to leave this morning.   It will be lonely without their smiling faces around.   But they let me know that their trip through Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont was beautiful so I will have to get out there and take some pictures soon.

Yesterday I shared photos from the Wampanoag homesite and today I want to share pictures from the English village.   One interesting note is that there were both wooden shingles and thatched roofs.   Gardens were also very important part of life as was their livestock.   As a matter of fact, they made shelters for the livestock before building homes.












Again, if you're in the area, this is a great place to visit.

I'm working on October's goals...I will post them by the end of the week.   Think sorting and packing. 

So how are you enjoying fall?   Or, is it spring where you live?   I'm loving the season of orange and hope it lasts for a long time.

There's still a problem with the side panel, so I am going to continue to place the Weekly Journal Prompt in the body of my daily post...

WEEKLY PROMPT:

GATHER YOUR DREAMS AND OPEN THEM WIDE
LIKE FALL LEAVES DECORATING THE SKY 
 
Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...