Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quilt Top and Crocheted Village


MONTHLY THOUGHT
Smells of harvest bring thoughts of family.

WEEKLY JOURNAL PROMPT
Remember the joyous memories of your life.


I was a little under the weather yesterday and spent most of the day resting...thus no post.   Sorry about that.

So, what have I been up to besides football and packing...by the way, my team lost again!...have no idea what they are doing with an excess of quarterbacks...(sigh)!

Well, I was reading a blog on simplicity and realized that I probably had packed too many books.   So, I opened up the book boxes and took out several after realizing that I had not used them in a long time and had little expectations to do so.    I will be down at least a box, but have to repack them to make sure.

I finished another quilt top...
...needs a good pressing, but it does look nice.   That makes five tops ready for fleece backing plus two tops already completed.   (And it's still October!!!!)

I thought I would show you what I have done with the small size village...


 
They still need some work like School embroidered on the red building and some window embroidered additions, etc.   By the way the red building - schoolhouse- is four inches square.  So things are coming along.

How did your weekend go?   I hope you had a great time...

Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...