Monday, October 7, 2013

Ten Weeks and Counting...

MONTHLY THOUGHT
Smells of harvest bring thoughts of family.

WEEKLY JOURNAL PROMPT
Smiling at life, rainbows shine; Open your heart to love, and you will be fine.

So how are things with you?   Hope your weekend was great?   Mine was busy.    I was looking at a calendar and realized that I have only about ten weeks to wind up getting things sorted, donated, packed and stored!   Yikes.   
 
Remember, I am also making all the Christmas Presents for the family as well as working on a writing assignment, and getting the trailer ready for travel, etc., etc., etc.  (Sigh)  I'm tired just thinking about all of it.
 
Well, I want to share a tip with you.   I have crocheted some scarves and I wanted to block them.   I don't own an ironing board, I do have a square quilting ironing pad, but that's it.   
 
So, while I was making the guest bed, I realized that I could use it.   So, I put down a plastic tablecloth - the type with a felt backing - first.   Then I laid down fluffy towels, end to end.   Finally, I laid the scarves down on the towels and pinned them so that they were straight.   
 
Then, using a spray bottle, I sprayed water on them and now they are drying.  (I could use a steam iron if I wanted - not to iron, but to hover over the scarves.)  I'll let you know how they turn out.

And, speaking of crocheted items.   Here's a set for a young child which I have finished.   A scarf...

A purse...


And a coin purse...


All from one skein of variegated yarn.   Cute!  Right?

I didn't get out to take pictures this weekend because it rained all day Sunday.  I was planning on taking pictures today but it was raining and foggy all day.   Hope tomorrow brings a clear day because I really want to get more fall pictures.

As you can see, there's still a problem with posting on the side panel so I have things posted in the body of the blog again.

Thanks for visiting...
Hope things are going great for you...
See you tomorrow...