Friday, October 11, 2013

There's A Mouse in the House!!! Harvest. And More Gifts!


MONTHLY THOUGHT
Smells of harvest bring thoughts of family.

WEEKLY JOURNAL PROMPT
Smiling at life, rainbows shine; Open your heart to love, and you will be fine.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

No, really, there must be...my cats have been going crazy running all over the place.   Problem is, I can't find one other than their toy mice.   Do you suppose these two are...well, shall we say that the elevator doesn't quite go all the way up...that they are really that enamored with a toy?   Let's hope so.


Harvest.   What does harvest mean to you?   For me it brings to mind memories of grandma's canning the fruits of their gardens.   Fresh eggs.   Cream that was so thick that a spoon would stand straight up without beating.   Apple cider.   Hay rides.   Halloween.   Thanksgiving.   And Family and Friends.  Nice thoughts.   Maybe that is why I love fall so much...

I sewed another quilt top today.   This one is basically strips.   I'll be sure to take a picture of it this weekend.


I know, it's a little early for Christmas Trees but I wanted to show you another thing that I am working on for Christmas gifts.   A long time ago...really long...back in the seventies, when the kids were small, I crocheted a village.   You can see part of it under the tree in the picture above.  

I thought it would be fun to recreate the village but in a much smaller size.   So, I am working on crocheting a church about a third the size of the one under the tree.   I have the pieces crocheted.   Now I need to put it together.   Wish me luck that it works out.

How are your plans for the weekend coming along?
I hope rest and relaxation as well as fall activities are part of your plans.
Thanks for dropping in...
See you on Monday...