Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We're Open and An ATC

MONTHLY THOUGHT
Smells of harvest bring thoughts of family.

WEEKLY JOURNAL PROMPT
Take a walk and be open to simple pleasures along the way.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

I'm a bit late this evening because I was waiting to see how the voting would go.   It passed!!!   Thank goodness.   Government is open and we will not default!!!

I wanted to try a new to me product called Diamond Glaze and at the same time I needed to make an ATC.   So here is the work in progress on the ATC...a faux stained glass penguin...

And here is the finished product after I used a black marker to go over the lines, cut it out, placed it on an ATC size card and used Diamond Glaze...

It is hard to tell from the photo, but there is a clear, hard, glass-like shiny finish.   I had never used Diamond Glaze before but it is great.   One coat that basically self-levels is all that it needed.   And it is not tacky.   (And no, I have no association with this product at all...I just like it.)   So if you are looking for a great finish for your creations, try it out.

Lots done today from laundry to more sorting, donating and packing books.   As a matter of fact, the house is now in 'packing' mode...and Chip is sitting on the boxes most of the time.   He looks so forlorn that I feel sorry for him.    I've been sure to spend a few minutes with him several times a day.

Thanks for checking things out here tonight...
See you tomorrow...