Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Crossing Things Off My List


It was dark before five this evening.   We are losing light very fast.   The good news is that in about six weeks, the days will begin to get longer...winter solstice...

Well, the agency wanted to show the house this morning to potential renters.   So, I made sure it was straightened, vacuumed and basically clean.   At least as much as it could be while packing.   Because of that, I decided not to do anything that would make things messier.   What did I do?

I sewed!   I backed one quilt.   This one is for an older grandson...


And then I finished one more top...

Cross off two of the items from this week's to-do list.   

I've also worked on the luminaries.   I cut a tree shape out of the front of each bag.   I was going to use double sided tape to adhere the parchment paper to the inside of the paper bag covering the opening only to find out that parchment paper did not stick to cellophane tape.   So, I applied a bead of glue around the edge of the parchment paper to adhere it to the bag.   Worked fine. 

I have also cut out a piece of cardboard to put in the bottom of each bag to keep it open.  Now I am waiting for the plaster of paris to dry.   I'll show you how the luminaries look tomorrow.  

The weather is going to be warmer tomorrow so I think I will be working in the trailer cleaning and organizing.   Then I can begin bringing out some of my clothing.

I posted my list of things I am thankful for on the side column.   I'll be adding every few days or weekly.   How's your list coming?   I hope you spend a few minutes each day thinking about thankfulness.   It really is a comforting thing to do.

Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...