Monday, July 6, 2015

BACK IN BEACON

Do you ever feel like your on a boomerang...out and back, out and back?   Well, that's the way I feel right now.   Up to Beacon, down to New York City, up to Beacon...

Unfortunately...make that...UNFORTUNATELY!!!   There, I've got it out of my system.   As I was saying, unfortunately, Lady J is still not ready.   The new engine has not arrived!   The good news is that the old one is out.   They still think I will have the car by Wednesday.   At this point, I will believe it when I see it.

So, my grandson and I are hanging out in Duchess in Beacon doing fascinating things like...oh...laundry.   We did take a walk by a river...


And the old bridge was a fascinating photo study...

Nothing big...just a weird place with lots of old land moving equipment mixed among the wild forest growth and the river.   Now that I think of it, I should have taken some pictures of the old equipment. Maybe another day...

It was rather hot today.   Cooler tomorrow with the promise of rain...not very exciting for an eleven year old but we 'soldier on'.

We did have fun on the Fourth...I hope all of you did also.   We barbecued...


...on the Staten Island Beach...


And we did see the fireworks from Liberty Park (in Jersey), Macy's (on the East River) and several places on Staten Island.  Quite a beautiful night spent with thousands of friends.   They can actually get about 2,000 folks on the pier without crowding!!!

This adventure is turning into quite an experience.   Hopefully we will get on the road by the end of the week.   I will post when I can get an internet connection and let you know how things are going.

I did post a new journal prompt.  

Can you believe that it is already the first week of July?   Wow!   I sure can't.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you when I can...