Saturday, October 3, 2015

PEA SOUP SAGA AND OTHER THINGS

Have you ever decided to make something, positive that you have all the ingredients including the main item except one.   And that you purchase that one item so you can make it.   Then when it comes time to make it, you can't find the main ingredients any place?

Well, that's what happened to me this morning - actually, I should say yesterday morning because it is rather late - 2am.   Remember the pea soup I wanted to make.   Well, I couldn't find my dried split peas anywhere.   I actually took all the food out of the cupboards I was so positive I had some.   Nope.   Nada.  None.

Well, it was a good time to reorganize my cupboards.   I really did want some pea soup, though.   So, I got dressed thinking I would run down to the store.   My umbrella was in the car so first I had to go get the umbrella and then walk to the store.   It was so cold, and windy and raining that by the time I got to the car I was soaked.

So, okay, I guess the soup can wait for another day!!!

I did get some baking done.   I finally finished the last of the bread I made.   And although I don't eat a lot of bread, this was so great I made another batch...

And while I was at it, I made a batch of sugar cookies...

The type that are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside...make that using a lot of butter.   At any rate I now have two loaves of bread and one large container of cookies in the freezer!

It has been really cold...really windy...and really wet today.   BUT the good news is that Joaquin will not be visiting directly, we'll only feel the glancing blows as it travels by.

I promised a picture of the block with the embellishments.   I'm not finished but I have a good start on things...

Beading has never been my strong point...especially threading the needle.   Wow, is it small.  But I am enjoying adding things to the block.   I'll probably spend a couple more hours while I am watching football tomorrow...make that later on today.

My plans for getting the rest of my stuff also went by the wayside today.   The storage place called and said they would be closed on the Saturday we were going up!!!   Cancelled all the plans I made. But I was happy that they did let me know.   Would have been frustrating to drive up, pick up a truck only to have the storage place locked up. Guess I may be looking at another weekend...

Well, tomorrow is college football all day.   Yeah, I know, some of you think I'm crazy but I still love the sport.

Hope you all have a great weekend...
Take some time to do something you enjoy...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you on Monday...