Friday, February 26, 2016

SUNNY DAYS AND WEEKEND PLANS

Wow, if all I had to do was mention on my blog my longing for sunnier days and they came I would have done it long ago.  (Smiling....)  You can probably guess that it is a bright sunny day...well, at least part of it.   The downside?   It is colder - only in the 30's!!

But still, that sun feels so good as Chip and Dale can attest.   They have been luxuriating in it for most of the day...that is until I went to take a photo of them stretched out.   Then they disappeared!!

I took a photo instead of another WIP that I will be completing.   This one only needs a binding and a pocket in the back for a dowel...
It is really bright.  I used speciality yarns for the handwork.

Oh, and the other WIP I was finishing...
When I examined it closely, I realized that everything was zigzagged together including the pieces in the blocks, the blocks and the appliques.   So I will be zigzagging around the inner edge of the outside strip.   But, I am removing the straight stitch first.

I hope to finish both of these this weekend.   Then I can start something new.   Do you ever feel a bit unsettled about starting something new when there are half-done projects sitting somewhere in your studio?  I do which is why I like to finish up at least one WIP before I begin a new one.

At the same time, I do better if I have more than one project to work on.   One of the things that I want to do is create a wall hanging using the lap quilting technique.   In other words, finish up each section or block including quilting before putting them all together.   Have you ever attempted lap quilting?   I have always loved Georgia Bonesteel's Lap Quilting Show.

That's what's on my weekend list of enjoyable things to do.   I hope your list includes things you enjoy doing as well as those little pesky must do chores.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you on Monday...