Thursday, February 25, 2016

WAITING/LONGING FOR SPRING...BEING PRESENT


I guess the picture says it all.   I drew this today once I got home.   It is getting colder,  grey with thick clouds, rainy and just a plain downer of a day!!!  The kicker is that I am listening to a cd of Victorian Christmas music that I picked up in Asheville last year.  Go figure...

I went to a true dollar store several days ago and came home with some silk flowers and a styrofoam ring...$5.00 worth...and made this for my front door...
Guess that I am longing for spring...if not that, I would settle for some more sunny days at least!

I was going to the Bronx for lunch but forgot that Lady J was parked in a Thursday slot.   When I remembered, it was too late to find any parking spots within miles so I went to the grocery store on Erskine and picked up the items on my list instead.  But if it's raining up in the Bronx like it is here, it's probably a good thing that I didn't go.

I really should enjoy today...after all, each day is a gift.   I was listening to one of my many podcasts yesterday.   The speaker was at a workshop on being present.  Tea was being served when the leader asked if the participants had thanked the teacup for holding the tea?   Now, the podcast speaker thought that question was interesting and a bit alarming.   But after thinking about it, they realized how little they thought about the teacup, or, even the tea.  

It was a wake-up call on how much of our lives are lived on remote.  I make tea every morning, most of the time before I am totally awake.   By mid morning, it's gone and I can't tell you how many times I don't remember drinking it.

Being present, taking note, can be rewarding.   Taking a moment to appreciate the taste of the tea, or listen to the sound of the birds, or look at the beauty of a flower allows you to be present to your life. And after all, your life is special, so why waste it by not being present to it.  What do you think?

A couple more tags...


Well, that's all I've got for today.   Hope all is well with you wherever you are.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...