Friday, February 5, 2016

TODAY DID NOT GO AS PLANNED...DOES IT EVER?

Well, today began early as I got up in time to get ready and leave for the thrift store.   Lady J is packed full once again.

Alarm went off.   I got up.   Took care of the critters, Chip and Dale and Linus and Lucy.   Got dressed.   Was about to take off when I finally opened the blinds and realized that it was snowing!   Ah...I wasn't prepared for that.

So, I checked the alternate side of the street site only to find that the rules had been suspended for the day.   Looked out the window again and it was snowing quite hard.   Checked a website for the snow amount forecast and realized that where I was going was supposed to get a lot more snow than here.  

Hmmmm.   Do I really want to buck the Friday traffic on a snowy day?   Took about a New York Second to realize that NO, I did not.

So, Lady J is full of stuff to donate and it will have to, once again, wait until next week before delivering it to the thrift store.  

What did I do today?   Cleaned the house, washed clothes (remember it's not an automatic washer), organized the hall closet and read a Laura Child's Tea Shop Mystery - Ming Tea Murder.  I really do enjoy her mysteries.   Maybe because I love visiting tea shops.  

I did read it on my iPhone and for the first time I ventured all the way to the end and read the resources that she uses for tea master Drayton's blends.   I love tea including the plain old Lipton teabags.  

But I especially love the whole range of what I call mysterious (Any tea not found in a regular grocery store in a tea bag!) teas.   At the end of the book she includes publications about tea, American tea plantations. interesting tea websites and blogs and purveyors of fine tea.

There are also locations in Charleston for information and places to visit.   I have been to Charleston many times and enjoy her descriptions of places I remember visiting.   If you're in the area, I highly recommend spending some time in Charleston.

I was surprised to see that there are tea plantations in the states.   Of course, she listed many in Hawaii, but also one in Charleston, one in Fairhope, Alabama (I have actually been to Fairhope which is across the Mobile Bay from Mobile, Alabama many times but did not know there was a tea plantation.) one in Mississippi and one in Burlington, Washington.

I think it would be interesting to visit a tea plantation to see what goes into growing, harvesting and drying tea.  I may have to include a trip there sometime...just not in the summer when it's hot and muggy. Me and hot and muggy days do not go together too well!

Well, the last of the football games for this season is Sunday...the Superbowl.   Do you have a favorite?  I would like to see Denver win but odds are against them.

After Sunday, my Christmas decorations will be taken down and packed away.   I will miss my tree. It still makes me smile to look at it.

Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you on Monday...