Monday, February 8, 2016

WINTER HAS ARRIVED...

It really does feel like Sunday...I'm having to remind myself several times that it is Monday...all day.

It snowed today.  As a matter of fact, coming back from a quick outing, I couldn't see the Verrazano Bridge from the Belt Parkway until I was almost next to it.  And if you aren't familiar with the Verrazano Bridge, let me tell you it's huge...very massive.

There was lots of snow on the ground and the snowflakes were giant. Got to my street and nothing! Absolutely nothing!!!  Now let me tell you, I am only a few blocks away from the bridge.   It's a bit uncanny if you ask me.

But it does look like winter has arrived this week.   We are scheduled for snow several days, with colder temperatures (in the 30's) and wind.   Think this may be a week to stay in.

I did enjoy the Superbowl although I have to say it was kind of ugly.   But that's the way defensive games are and let's face it, the Bronco's have a great defense.   And it was so nice to have the team that I hoped would win, actually win.  Especially as they were slated to lose.

I have some more tags to share...


I am still keeping up with this challenge.   I am actually finding satisfaction at having to create in such a short time.   Right now, I am simple putting marks on paper (tags) and then figuring out what to do with them.

Well, now that the SuperBowl is over, it's time to take down the Christmas Decorations.   I picked up some bubble wrap today and have ordered a dozen solid cardboard banker boxes.   The plastic ones that my decorations were in are too large to stack double on my storage shelves.   Besides, their shape does not provide as much storage as the banker boxes.   And, I will be downsizing drastically, many of the items to my children, but I think there will be a few more boxes in Lady J by the end of the week.

Oh, and about last week.   I am really, really...I mean really...bad with dates.   Insignificant ones and really important ones.   Well, last week - Friday to be exact - was a very important date.  The anniversary of my husband's death.

How could I forget that, you ask?   Well, I actually did remember it prior, but more importantly the loss is with me daily.   No, not in a sad way, just in a matter of fact way.   He's no longer present physically so recognizing a particular date doesn't seem important to me.   Anyway, once I recognized that that fact was kind of playing havoc with my ability to create, I was able to get back to creating...

So, it's all good.   Each of us has to do the best we can with the life we're are given and life goes on.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...