Wednesday, March 23, 2016

QUILLING

Do you quill?  Or are you a Quiller?   I haven't done any quilling for quite a while but today I decided to try it out.  What is quilling, you ask?   It's shaping narrow strips of paper to create designs mostly by winding the paper around a quilling tool.

Sidenote:   I am going through all my little used craft supplies to see if I want to continue keeping and using them...the operative word being 'using'.   I figure that if I am not interested in using craft things, I may as well give them to someone who is interested.

Back to quilling...if you check out Pinterest you will see a wide variety of quilling presentations from very easy (which is what I tried) to extremely beautiful and detailed.   I enjoyed what I did today but I ask myself...'If I only quill once a year, does that make it worth keeping?'  

Quilling is not an expensive hobby.   Here's what you need:   Paper which comes is a large variety of color waves, a quilling tool, scissors and glue. I also like to have a pair of good tweezers as well as the mat for both sizing and pinning...


The quilling tool is on the left in the top picture.   It simply has a slit in the metal end piece in which you insert the paper strips and wind. I like the hole sizer because it helps to create uniform circles.

So here's what I made today...

And here's a close-up...

Well, I haven't come to a decision about quilling yet.   It takes very little space and I could use it in other crafts such as inchies and journals.  I am not interested in making a detailed quilling presentation at this point but I have to say that I did have fun today.

So, what do you think? Are you a quiller?   Think I should keep the supplies?

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...