Tuesday, March 22, 2016

SPRING?!?

Well, I made it back from a wonderful weekend with family.   Of course, it did spit snow on Sunday and the forecast was for snow here in NYC on Monday.   I understand the ground was covered in the morning but quickly melted in the sunlight.

So, it's now spring and even out west my family had snow...gotta love this weather.  I did notice that in Maryland the trees had blossomed and there were crocuses, snowdrops and hyacinths popping up all over.   Now so much here but I am looking forward to taking a walk and checking things out.

I changed my blog template to reflect a more spring like feeling.   The background picture is one that I painted quite a while ago but it seemed to fit.   Here's a photo of it...

And while I'm showing photos, here are a couple more tags.   The first two are studies in green and the second are studies in orange/reds.   I used markers so the color is not as even on the photo as it appears in person...


There's a new weekly prompt posted.   What am I learning?   Well, first of all, I am learning how to complete a crazy quilt block.   And second, I am working on the photo course offered by the Met. Mus. of Art.   Both free.

So, do you have big plans for Easter?   I am going to make my normal Greek food...spinach pies and kibbi.   I'm also checking out the Greek delis for olives and the Greek bakery for a shredded wheat dessert as well as baklava.   Maybe I'll add some ham and scalloped potatoes.   And it wouldn't be an Easter celebration without hard boiled eggs, complete with color.   (And maybe a chocolate bunny?). Sounds good to me.

Hope you're having a good day...
Talk to you tomorrow...